Surface treatment is to form a surface layer with one or more special properties on the surface of the material by physical or chemical methods. Surface treatment can improve product appearance, texture, function and other aspects of performance.
Appearance: such as color, pattern, logo, gloss, etc.
Texture: such as roughness, life (quality), streamline, etc.;
Function: such as anti-fingerprint, anti-scratch, improve the appearance and texture of plastic parts, make the product present a variety of changes or new designs; improve the appearance of the product.
It is a processing method for plastic products to obtain surface effects. The appearance, electrical and thermal properties of plastic products can be effectively improved by plastic electroplating treatment, and the mechanical strength of the surface can be improved. Similar to PVD, PVD is a physical principle, and electroplating is a chemical principle. Electroplating is mainly divided into vacuum electroplating and water electroplating. Shinland's reflector mainly adopts the process of vacuum electroplating.
1. Weight reduction
2. Cost savings
3. Fewer machining programs
4. Simulation of metal parts
Post-plating treatment procedure:
1. Passivation: The surface after electroplating is sealed to form a dense layer of tissue.
2. Phosphating: Phosphating is the formation of a phosphating film on the surface of the raw material to protect the electroplating layer.
3. Coloring: Anodized coloring is generally used.
4. Painting: spray a layer of paint film on the surface
After the plating is completed, the product is blown dry and baked.
Points that need to be paid attention to in design when plastic parts need to be electroplated:
1. The uneven wall thickness of the product should be avoided, and the wall thickness should be moderate, otherwise it will be easily deformed during electroplating, and the coating adhesion will be poor. During the process, it is also easy to deform and cause the coating to fall off.
2. The design of the plastic part should be easy to demould, otherwise, the surface of the plated part will be pulled or sprained during forced demoulding, or the internal stress of the plastic part will be affected and the bonding force of the coating will be affected.
3. Try not to use metal inserts for plastic parts, otherwise the inserts will be easily corroded during pre-plating treatment.
4. The surface of the plastic parts should have a certain surface roughness.
Post time: Nov-04-2022